April 11, 2007

All dressed up and no place to go

Have I been knitting lately? Yes! Have I been blogging lately? No!

I started the Gatsby pullover from the fall 2006 issue of IK. This is a nice knit! Has anyone else knitted Gatsby? I'd love to hear about it. I'm using Knitpicks Options size 3 needles (love 'em!) and Knitpicks Elegance yarn in Grass. Knitpicks has not let me down.

Waiting in the wings is Beaverslide 3-ply Jersey Cream. This yarn is gorgeous! Also on the waiting list is Beaverslide Charcoal Heavy Fisherman-weight yarn. I think the charcoal beaverslide will be a rib-and-cable sweater for Alan. He of the Besotted Scarf is in need of a manly fisherman sweater to replace one he wore to death. I've been thinking about the Urban Aran, which I first saw on Brooklyn Tweed's blog, but I haven't been able to get the pattern. The zipper adaptation for the Urban Aran is superb! I'll take suggestions for other manly sweaters.

No comments: