May 14, 2008

Cranberry Relish

Whoa! Another FO? Yes!

I've been planning to knit a Shetland Triangle from Wrap Style for awhile now, and in my recent quest to do something, anything, with a skein of sock yarn instead of knitting socks, it was time to take up needles and cast on.
The very talented Sundara dyed a gorgeous sock yarn called Burnt Cranberries, which I received as a part of the previously mentioned Seasons Yarn Club. Burnt Cranberries is a subtle, deep, rich, sophisticated colorway. Did I mention I love it?

The details:

Burnt Cranberries Sundara sock yarn (I used 94.5 grams of the 100-gram skein!)
Size 6 Options needles, and size 10 1/2 for the bind-off
Unblocked size: 33 X 16
Blocked size: 56 X 18
Blocking technique: The Yarn Harlot's method: Block severely!
The pattern was easy but so rewarding. It was addictive! There is a kal for this pattern on Ravelry right now, and the STs are all turning out beautifully. My mom was here for Mother's Day, and she has ordered up one in Sundara's Winter Sky colorway of her fingering silky merino.

I'm trying to knit through my Sundara because I re-upped for not one but two seasons, starting in June: winter (again) and summer.

Pasty white skin, huh? Gotta love NJ!

2 comments:

Yarnhog said...

I moaned out loud when I saw that gorgeous shawl! The color and pattern are both beautiful (and the white skin just offsets the black and dark red perfectly--like Snow White).

TheBlackSheep said...

Nice! I love both the shawl and the colour! Wow.