June 21, 2007

Summer Solstice

Not in the nick of time! Although I've been laboring over my STR April sock kit, I haven't finished them in time for the new kit's arrival. Here's a sampling of the Grasshopper pattern in Walking on the Wild Tide, a delicious merino/silk yarn. The pattern calls for lacy yo p2tog stitches, which other sock club members have had trouble with. I would definitely knit with this yarn again, but probably not this pattern. It clashes with the beautiful colorway.

Despite having joined two count 'em two sock clubs this year, I am not pushing myself on the sox front. I'm enjoying the sock knitting, but I also like to knit other projects. In addition to STR, I'm also participating in the Tsock Tsarina's sock club. Her patterns are imaginative, with just the right amount of whimsy thrown in. Jennifer's yarns custom-dyed for the kit are a delight also.

The two socks two circs method has been working well, and just might allay any second sock syndrome that might arise.
I've been watching with keen interest as single socks are the order of the day at eleven stitches and elsewhere in knitblogland. This would never work for me! Another sock bandwagon I would love to jump on is Nona's Sidewinders! They look like they are a fun project.
Are you enjoying your dose of sunlight today?

No comments: