January 1, 2007

What a difference a week makes!

Last week at this point, I was happily working on Mom's scarf. Then I got frustrated. It wasn't shaping up to be good work at all. The major reason for my problems, I think, is that unlike with other knitting, I don't have a good feel for what the stitches should look like as I go along. I found myself making mistakes and that I could not easily remedy. So I frogged the whole durn thing.


Back to A Cardigan for Arwen! The back is finished, but I ripped out the left front because I was so unhappy with the cables. So once again I cast on for the left front, and I am so happy with the results this time. The cables look perky and well-defined, and the yarn is so lovely.

Because the first two knit-alongs I ever joined are to do with Mom's scarf and the Arwen cardie, I find myself feeling a little bit guilty when I work on one and not the other. I want to be colored maroon on the Arwen-along! And I want to make Mom's scarf in time for her birthday, which is February 15! As I see-saw between these two projects, I'm also itching to start something new.

1 comment:

FemiKnitMafia said...

The blog is really coming along. Nice sidebar.

I just started the left side of my Arwen too, and those cables are wicked fun! Keep truckin.