December 18, 2006

Twelve straight hours of knitting

...to the drumbeat of the lord of the Rings trilogy! Believe it or not, I had never seen these films before, but of course I read the books. All of that sitting and knitting netted me about four whole inches of the Victorian Lace Today. The movies? Not bad, although the number of dismembered body parts hit my quota for the entire year. I know for some the battle scenes were the point of the movies, but not for me. I enjoyed seeing interpretations of all of the characters. It's been a long time since I last read the books, but the movies seemed faithful to them. Am I misremembering?

At this snail's pace, I'll be lucky to finish mom's shawl by her birthday, February 15. Alpaca Cloud is very nice yarn, resilient (despite all of my ripping in the beginning) and beautifully heathered.

No comments: