October 9, 2007

Rhinebeck Sweater

I may not have a new sweater for Rhinebeck, but Alan will! The lovely hand-dyed Morehouse Merino bulky yarn has been in my stash for over a year, and it is finally having its debutante ball. Knit from the top down, this seamless raglan sleeve sweater is all I hoped it would be and more.

Knit in the round in stockinette, with the next-to-the-last rows on neckline, sleeves, and bottom of the sweater receiving special treatment (*k4 p1*) so they wouldn't roll too much, this project was my go-to, relaxing knit when I just wanted to knit and not count or deal with stitch markers. It isn't from a pattern, and it was endlessly fitted and tried on by Alan, so it would fit well. Alan is tall, and consequently has trouble finding sweaters with sleeves and bodies long enough for him.

Alan also wanted to be able to wear the sweater under a denim jacket, so I tried to keep the bulk to a minimum. Mission accomplished.

Knitpicks size 11 Options needles were used, and Knitpicks size 11 DPNs at the cuffs. The yarn was fabulous to work with! There was quite a lot of vegetable matter in the yarn that required handpicking, but it was worth it!

Should you see Alan at Rhinebeck, look for me too! I'll be wearing my NJ ravelry button.





A couple more gratuitous photos....




No comments: